Our client has nearly thirty years of experience in the renewable energy industry & is focused on the development of decentralized & community solar & energy storage projects. Taking a policy-driven approach to developing projects, our client provides more affordable clean energy to residents, businesses & communities throughout the country.
Our client seeks a Senior Associate of Development to manage solar development projects in the Northeastern U.S. The right candidate will be self-driven & able to create a strong pipeline of projects to meet company growth targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, originate & acquire sites that are suitable for solar projects through both mergers & acquisitions & greenfield opportunities
- Efficiently secure sites, interconnection contracts & other critical project development deliverables
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, including third party consultants, landowners & utilities, to facilitate growth of the project pipeline
- Assess project challenges & risks & implement strategies to overcome them
- Degree from four-year university
- Experience in renewable energy project development, preferably decentralized or commercial & industrial solar & storage
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- Exceptional project management capabilities
- Ability to summarize opportunities & risks & provide actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills & ability to maintain strong relationships
- Highly self-driven & detail-oriented