Our client works to accelerate and secure a successful energy transition. Today the energy world is changing to become carbon neutral. Distributed Energy Resources are growing 7-fold and by the end of this decade decentralized power generation will catch up with conventional generation. Utility companies realize that yesterday’s solutions are not going to provide the answers to tomorrow’s challenges. As they shape the future of their IT/OT systems and they realize that they need agile thinking and an IT focus on their operations to provide energy reliably, efficiently, and cyber secure. This is the opportunity that we are leveraging.
Are you passionate about accelerating the energy transition? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to positively change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
As a market leader in grid software, meter data management, grid control and simulation, our client is in a prime position to accelerate and secure the energy transition by supporting grid operators and industry and infrastructure players to master the challenge of distributed energy resources in the smartest way.
- Perform as an authentic leader to build, support, and develop a growing team of Sales Managers and Account Executives to meet and exceed their quotas through a software product mindset
- Lead the transition from selling perpetual license to SaaS as they transition their customers and prospects to the cloud
- Own, develop and implement market-, region-, account-specific sales strategies that expand the company’s total market share, generate increased usage and product adoption to achieve aggressive growth objectives in annual license fees
- Work with your existing and growing C-Suite customer relationships to up-sell, cross-sell different software offerings executing on a unified account engagement model, maximizing OI and ARR metrics
- Clearly communicate the clients vision, value proposition and key differentiators – and enable your team to do so. They are working with/on an amazing product portfolio – your leadership will help them penetrate the markets successfully
- Further develop and implement sales processes, documentation, pipeline forecasting, capture plans and hygiene and hold the sales team accountable to those processes in SalesForce
- Develop and execute a successful Partnering strategy in conjunction with Global Area Sales Directors ensuring alignment of the organization to both, corporate strategy, and key objectives
- Communicate and prioritize product and business needs from the field to appropriate corporate departments (e.g. PLM, Marketing)
- Consistently follow up on existing major accounts to assess customer satisfaction. Provide feedback to OPS teams and facilitate action plans, whenever applicable
- Partner closely with the Sales Enablement and Marketing teams to revamp, develop, and implement onboarding and training for new Sales team members, as well as ongoing product target campaigns and participation in events and conferences
- Cultivate strong internal relations with the companies global functions and Headquarters leadership
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- A highly experienced selling software leader in B2B SaaS/Cloud, ideally to utility customers
- A true ‘software native’ with an ambitious sales attitude!
- The owner, who takes responsibility for any issue relating to your business
- Highly collaborative, thrive in a fast paced and on your feet in a dynamic and growing environment
- Focused on customer value, with a consistent track record in crafting an outstanding and intuitive, digital buyer’s journey. Obsessed with a customer centric approach! You have a deep understanding of customer success principles, approaches, and considerations
- An adept leader of both direct and matrix reports. You have the ability to work across business units, countries, and portfolios to ensure collaboration
- A leader providing team coaching, advocating, and supporting development of sales skills such as value selling, partner framework, forecasting and prospecting within account management plans
- Strong in communication, persuasion, and presentation skills, empathetic and creative in interpersonal relationships
- A strong network within the North American electric utility market
- A broad experience as a senior level sales executive with a proven enterprise software sales track record
- Native or fluent in English and preferably also in Spanish. Additional languages skills are always welcome
- A technical University Degree or equivalent
- Ability to work remote and is also to travel – domestic & international
Our client is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.