Our client provides data frameworks and support for companies in the evolving energy economy. This mission-driven organization helps to address climate change by assisting energy service providers with accessing the data that they need to support their operations and goals. Through the use of automation, this company ensures that partners can lower customer acquisition costs and shorten sales cycles so that they can further their transition to new energy solutions.
Our client is seeking a Business Development professional who has experience with developing partnerships and thinking in innovative ways. The right candidate will have a strong background focused on the transition to clean energy and will need to create alliances with climate tech companies as well as utilities and other stakeholders. A major goal for this position is to help facilitate the adoption of our client’s data access tools. Knowledge of the fast-paced innovations within the industry and comfort with creating strategies related to essential data frameworks and support are also daily requirements of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use your network and market knowledge to help develop partnerships with external organizations
- Help ensure that those within the clean energy transition movement can reach their goals through efforts to connect stakeholders
- Develop strong strategies for entering into and expanding within markets, and implement said strategies
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders such as climate tech companies and energy utilities
- Report to the Sr. Vice President of Business Development
- Work with the Policy team to ensure message alignment and to realize opportunities
- Integrate market intelligence by assisting the Engineering team and the Product team.
- Work with the Marketing team to educate new markets
- Work with the Sales team to help increase deal flow
Qualifications and Requirements
- Have a strong network in the energy industry
- Be comfortable with remote work
- Prior experience that shows strong capabilities with Business Development strategy implementation in climate tech or with utilities
- Strong understanding of high level software capabilities
- Ability to identify gaps, overlap and opportunities in software integration
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Stock options