Our client is a top ranking national institution dedicated to battling the challenges posed by climate change and sustainable development. Through their efforts they have helped research, teach and bring about meaningful change by uniting various stakeholders who are all dedicated to a sustainable future.
Our client seeks a Senior Manager who will help to address health and equity related climate change issues. The position requires a candidate who can lead implementation planning designed to help meet long-term climate goals and work with thought leaders on innovative opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create solutions to meet report recommendations
- Stay abreast of industry trends
- Help to drive and manage implementation planning related to long-term climate recommendations
- Understand best practices in renewable energy procurement
- Help to identify innovation opportunities
- Oversee programs related to organization goals
- Assess the changing landscape of organization’s current emissions use and help make recommendations for future goals
- Manage annual cost recovery program
- Work with relevant partners to help monitor project performance
- Team up with internal stakeholders to identify research goals as well as to create plans for projects developed for meeting climate goals.
- Help to manage consultants, interns and part-time employees as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in management and project plan development
- Ability to create new ideas and work projects from their starting phases through to their implementation phases
- Clear knowledge of carbon offset markets and renewable energy
- Ability to work with various stakeholders on project plans and deliverables
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- High level of flexibility and adaptability in addition to comfort and commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive work and learning environment