Senior Sales Leader (US West Region) will be in charge of business development engaging end-users directly and/or via channel partners (distributors, packagers, EPCs and capital partners). Company’s main industrial power generation offering is a 5-20MW, 100% hydrogen-ready, gas turbine product line that delivers on low-carbon power and path to net-zero. Key verticals include Datacenters, Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Airports and large EV-fleets across CA, WA, OR, NV and CO. The candidate will report to the Managing Director, Americas.
- Candidate will be accountable for generating opportunities, driving monthly orders, margin and win rate for MW gas turbines.
- Such applications may include but may not be limited to industrial COGEN, combined cycle and simple cycle power.
- Candidate will accelerate channel partnerships by engaging and onboarding distributors, value added resellers, agents and others, to multiply the opportunity pipeline and order intake.
- Candidate will engage in opportunities in the early stage to map customer priorities, understand competition and work closely with the company’s internal teams to develop and articulate the right value proposition. The candidate will influence customer specifications and design criteria, to ensure our client’s gas turbines are the best fit.
- Candidate will forge deep relations with decision makers and influencers in the customer organization to drive early outcomes (such as spec-in, sole source, win-win) and ultimately deal closure at healthy margin.
- Candidate will build relations with EPCs and influencers in value chain to enhance our client’s gas turbines value proposition, while minimizing bidding efforts and execution risk.
- Candidate will pace all gas turbine deals with regional sales and the rest of the organization to ensure deals get the required support for successful order closure.
- Candidate will collaborate with other members of the regional sales team to position the company, and ultimately achieve orders.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or engineering
- Knowledge of the Power Generation market (natural gas and/or renewables)
- Minimum 10 years of sales or commercial experience
- Strong customer engagement skills and ability to interact with all levels
- Able to map customer priorities and translate into a competitive offering
- Strong analytical skills and proven capabilities to develop business cases
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, integrative team working style and able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must be a self-starter & able to work on his/her own initiative
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Fluent English essential and another regional language would be an advantage