Power Marketing and Origination coverage for our client’s North American development pipeline, includes wind, solar, transmission, and storage. The Senior Origination & Power Marketing Manager will be responsible for originating, negotiating, and executing off-take agreements that maximize project and portfolio value creation. This role will be responsible for coordinating with Development, Finance, Asset Management, Operations, Energy Management, Fundamentals, Policy, and Accounting teams with respect to projects, offtake products, risk management, pricing, and general business development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Originate renewable energy off-take contracts with new and existing customers including utilities and other load serving entities, commercial & industrials, and trading houses.
- Identify and evaluate requests for bids (RFP/RFI) opportunities, bilateral customer targets and develop proposals and other marketing materials.
- Develop offtake structures and pricing in collaboration with development, finance, fundamentals, trading, policy, operations, and asset management teams to advance offtake term sheets, issues lists, and definitive documents with oversight from Senior Director of Origination & Power Marketing and other senior members of the Origination team.
- Identify new origination prospects and implementation of customer outreach strategies for all products and technologies under development.
- Develop and maintain strong customer and business relationships.
- Represent company at industry events to help drive company awareness and build new relationships.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the Origination team and broader business development group.
- Prepare and deliver internal and external memos and presentations.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- BA/BS degree in business, finance, economics, engineering or related area combined with at least 6 years of experience in energy, power marketing, trading, or project finance.
- Advanced degree and/or CFA certification a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in energy originating, structuring, negotiating, and executing contracts in a power marketing and/or energy procurement, trading, or project finance role.
- Strong understanding of energy offtake structures, pricing factors, and contract terms.
- Experience analyzing market data, presentation and proposal writing, identifying relevant customer base, and a track record of successful execution of complex transactions.
- Strong understanding of U.S. power markets to include ISO, RTO, and bilateral energy markets and/or commodities trading experience. Experience working with utilities and other load serving entities a plus.
- Exposure and knowledge of ERCOT, Southeast, and Canadian power markets markets a plus.
Must possess strengths in the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to breakdown and effectively articulate technical and other complicated subject matter to a wide variety audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Highly driven, detail-oriented, hard-working individual with high standards.
- Ability to work well with several different functional teams (e.g. development, operations, finance, and accounting).
- Must be numerate with the ability to work easily with valuations, offtake structure, and other forms of revenue optimizations.
- Ability to work well as a team member and a team leader.
- Take initiative to find new customer relationships and learn new markets.