Our client is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. They have a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy. With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, they are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining our client’s team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future. They pride themselves on their entrepreneurial spirit as they continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with them, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
The job’s role is to bring the necessary development expertise to deliver project milestones and the necessary technical solutions to contribute to the rapid grow the of our operations in order to establish the client as the United States’ pre-eminent developer of solar and storage projects.
- Identify greenfield and acquisition opportunities in conjunction with multiple internal and external staff and/or acquisition of land rights for solar development.
- Track and manage project spend to ensure projects are on track with budget and timing.
- Lead on the coordination of their internal departmental resource(s): planning, technical, legal, grid, and delivery to ensure competent negotiations on land rights, deeds, permits, planning and PPA where required.
- Ensure a high level of action orientated, clear communication is conducted with a project’s external parties and consultants.
- Understand and negotiate solutions to land and property concerns.
- Engage in community affairs, public affairs and marketing of the project within project’s community.
- Manage a pipeline of projects from greenfield/acquisition through to financial close, closing transactions in a well-forecasted, timely manner that exceeds the company’s margin requirements.
- Regularly update and provide clear forecasting of project cashflows and schedules to executive committee members and the rest of the organization.
- Present projects for internal risk-review evaluations and submit formal requests for budget approval when necessary.
- Represent the company at community and company events, conveying our business and development acumen in a professional manner while enforcing company strategies.
- Provide proficient line management to up to 1 staff member, including regular 1-2-1’s, appraisals and setting personal development goals
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal English language
- Understanding of renewables industry, energy and environmental issues.
- Ability to comprehend and think outside the box on siting and permitting ordinances and regulatory structures.
- Understanding of project finance and financial modelling.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Post-graduate qualifications in related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project development and/or management, preferably solar
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required
- Ability to adapt to changes in their development team’s strategy whilst developing own strategy to achieve personal goal of competently developing projects
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience with land agreement and negotiations
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
- Proven Track Record of:
- Project management
- Creative and professional thinking. B2C and B2B engagement.
- Developing projects connecting to HV networks.
- Taking projects from Greenfield development to COD
- Developing and managing work-related projects, deadlines and resources with use project management software or strong familiarity with MS excel
- Services – Carry out project development activities in a well managed, timely manner. Successfully implement changes and improvements in all operational activities required by the Company in addition to your role.
- Professional and Technical – Ability to develop and update professional knowledge and skills. Ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in advancement of business objectives.
- Communication and Negotiation – The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through clear, strong persuasive communication, negotiating skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Strategy – Adapts to changes in the company’s and the Development team’s strategy whilst developing own strategy to achieve personal goal of competently developing projects.
- People – Assess your own development needs and develop self to improve job performance and fulfil future potential. Contributes to the team ethos of the company.
The company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter. They pride themselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect. Their culture is driven by their core values, from operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity. Alongside a competitive salary, they offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at the company, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar project or our sustainability initiatives. Our client truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Their core values of safety, integrity, respect, sustainability and drive are the guiding principles for everything they do.