Our client’s mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition. By partnering with industry leaders and the distributed energy resource (DER) ecosystem, they want to build the decarbonized, distributed, decentralized, and digitized energy system of the future.
Their DER Platform connects any distributed energy resource to any energy market across the US and Canada, providing flexibility, reliability, and resilience to the grid while generating revenue for their partners.
They are a remote and virtual company. This role can be based anywhere in the US/Canada.
Our client is seeking an individual, motivated by their mission and with a deep understanding of the energy space, to lead their Product Partnerships team in developing partnerships with distributed energy resources (DERs) of all types, including electric vehicles, energy storage, and controllable loads. Product Partnerships are at the innovative frontier of the work they are doing. If you are passionate about the clean energy transition, and want to get to work making it happen, they want to hear from you.
- Lead, develop, and grow a group of talented and productive Product Partnership teammates.
- Deliver against a team quota. Execute commercial agreements that bring more DERs onto the platform.
- Report on all sales activities through the client’s CRM systems. Use data to track team progress against goals and identify areas for improvement.
- Master the competitive landscape. Collaborate with their Marketing team on outreach and positioning.
- Deeply understand client and partner needs and business priorities and translate them into product strategy in close collaboration with their Product Management team.
- Articulate and quantify the business value of any new product or feature request.
- Improve their product. Identify and define product partner needs and provide feedback to their team.
- Onboard new Product Partners and be accountable for their success in working with our client.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Business-oriented product and sales leader with a founder’s mentality and entrepreneurial passion for getting things done.
- Strong technical mindset and deep understanding of the clean energy industry and ecosystem.
- Demonstrated history of developing and selling B2B energy products and services.
- Experience navigating partnerships through complex negotiations and contract structuring.
- Successful partner to Engineering and Product Management leadership in determining and executing on their product vision.
- Experience with business model development and P&L management.
- Experience managing a team that holds a Sales quota.
- Knowledge of the electric grid systems, markets, and technologies.