Our client is looking for a Senior Director of Portfolio Management. The primary duties for this role include managing the performance of the company’s loan and investment portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience managing diverse portfolios, be a strategic thinker and have an attuned attention to detail. They should be comfortable working with troubled assets in the private credit or renewable development space.
Our client is a growing renewable energy financing company with a real-world approach. Their energy development and finance experts are working to change the way that renewable energy projects are financed. This company is motivated to reduce the world’s carbon footprint by accelerating the pace of green project development.
- Develop and outline best practices for loan and borrower management.
- Track development progress of assets.
- Develop feedback processes to ensure loan structuring and management is in line with the clients mission.
- Craft strategy for distressed assets and negotiate exits with borrowers.
- Work across teams to develop Key Performance Indicators for the portfolio.
- Manage financial modelling of loan management and troubled assets.
- Partner with Financial Planning & Analysis and Accounting teams to provide critical data for cash-forecasting.
- Manage and mentor the growing Loan Management team:
- Act as main point of contact for Borrowers
- Track project progress and compliance for loan provisions
- Identify and escalate troubled assets
- Facilitate notices, amendments, loan statements, and exercising of provisions throughout loan term, coordinating with internal teams and counsel as needed
- Manage compliance & asset management, JVs, and other potential investors and facilities
- Manage and mentor the growing Management of Troubled Assets team:
- Assess and outline plans for troubled assets by consulting with internal teams and experts
- Create reports for troubled assets plans, exercising forbearance and delegating responsibilities to Development & Construction Services team if needed
- Developing employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth, recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in renewable energy, private credit or private equity.
- 4+ years experience in commercial negotiations and strategic leadership.
- Demonstrable experience rescuing troubled development assets.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with deal stakeholders and internal & external teams.
- Highly proficient analytical skills, critical thinking and communications skills.
- A high degree of team respect and the ability to be highly collegial and courteous.