In this unique role traversing development, analysis, project finance and valuation activities, this person will be directly contributing to transitioning the world to renewable energy. This position is primarily responsible for structuring transactions, due diligence support, financial analysis and modeling. Work duties include research, data analysis, valuation and risk assessment across a broad range of energy finance and M&A transactions, primarily in wind, solar and transmission.
This role often collaborates with team members cross functionally in areas such as development, construction, origination, asset management, legal, and corporate finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop financial models and analysis for renewable energy projects.
- Assist with structured finance product development, including developing structural solutions for tax equity investments.
- Develop and deliver internal / external investment presentations and briefs.
- Identify and quantify key investment drivers and perform sensitivities.
- Support development activities and asset due diligence efforts, driving internal consideration of project value and risk.
- Perform general research duties and statistical analysis.
- Analyze market risk factors, pricing and risk management products, including hedges.
- Support treasury and capital planning functions.
- Participate in meetings with internal/external clients.
- Respond to information requests from financial institutions and over time, be the contact person for lenders and tax equity investors, including responding to requests for additional analysis.
- Provide transaction support as a junior team member throughout financing processes.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related area combined with at least 2-4 years of project finance analytical/modelling experience within a financial firm or energy operating company
- Advanced degree and/or CFA certification is optional.
- Project Finance acquisition, management or transaction experience preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial and mathematical modelling techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express ideas effectively and fluently.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment where teamwork and independent work ethic are essential.
- Ability to synthesize and organize large amounts of data.
- Ability to organize time well and set proper priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, presentation software and the Internet search.