Support business development activities for a global utility-scale solar and storage developer by creating origination and M&A supporting collateral, maintaining the pricing financial models, performing due diligence on customers and acquisition opportunities, conducting market intelligence, and supporting customer contract negotiations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop customer Request for Proposal (“RFP”) responses.
- Develop bid materials to support ongoing bilateral customer discussions.
- Support customer meetings and contract negotiations.
- Prepare bid packages for merger and acquisition activities.
- Lead price financial modelling analysis to support bids for offtake origination and M&A portfolios.
- Conduct market research, develop customer collateral, and prepare bid proposals.
- Coordinate closely with the Business Development leadership, Project Development, Project Finance, Engineering, Interconnection, and Construction teams to identify and refine project financial model inputs, and prepare and maintain the project and portfolio financial models.
- Maintain a database of project assumptions and the resulting project economics, which will be used to analyze the historical impact of changes in the market, regulation, and business, as well as forecast future trends.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both orally and written, when sharing work product and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain an accurate database of project inputs and outputs, acquired through internal stakeholder discussions, as well as primary and secondary market research, that can be accessed and easily understood by internal stakeholders, particularly the Business Development team.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Understanding of utility-scale solar and storage development processes
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working across teams and functions to deliver results
- Ability to efficiently and effectively articulate complex and ambiguous information in a concise and accurate manner
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, proficient in excel and VBA, with ability to create and troubleshoot macros and complex financial models
- Strong results and detail orientation
- Advanced project management skills with comfort working in fast-paced environments and frequent deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is a plus
- 3 years’ experience in Business Development or sales support experience, preferably in the solar or clean energy industry
- Understanding of renewable project fundamentals including project development, business development, tax equity, back leverage, and construction debt
- Understanding of energy markets structures and value streams including
- Request for Proposal (RFP), auctions, energy, Renewable Energy Certificate (RECs), Capacity
- Understanding of project valuation fundamentals including Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV), tax equity, and debt sizing
- Experience creating customer collateral and materials to support board or investment committee approval processes, including material that effectively represent the business case for investing in a project
- Excellent attention to detail when entering and validating data with an ability to recognize, question, and drive to resolution on anomalies
- Interest in current and future market trends in energy industry, particularly for utility-scale solar and storage technologies
- Self-starter and highly motivated to be a strong team contributor
- Ability to handle complex and highly ambiguous scopes of work
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize work with minimal required supervision
- Flexible approach to addressing opportunities and challenges in a fast-paced business environment, while maintaining a professional demeanor
Our client is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. They pride themselves on their entrepreneurial spirit as they continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with them, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
The company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter. Our client prides itself on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect. Their culture is driven by core values. From operating safely to ensuring solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity. Alongside a competitive salary, they offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits. Beyond your day-to-day working life, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Our client truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects.