Imagine a future where you’re contributing to a world that runs entirely on green energy.
Join our client in this role where you’ll be responsible for: leading diligence team meetings for M&A transactions, supporting the Director of Finance and BD, and BD managers in the execution of project financings, M&A transactions, and investment approvals in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives. You will provide organizational and analytical support to BD managers to gain buy-in from internal stakeholders for the purpose of driving growth to the company’s portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screening M&A opportunities including asset acquisitions of development projects at all stages of development, development partnerships, and other long-term partnerships
- Structuring, performing diligence, executing, and negotiating M&A transactions for the Onshore portfolio
- Forming recommendations, drafting execution plans, preparing materials, and coordinating the process for Investment Committee approvals
- Tracking M&A activity in the renewable market and other market research activities to support M&A deal origination
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in project finance and/or M&A transactions focused primarily on utility-scale wind or solar projects with demonstrated modeling and experience in supporting M&A and/or tax equity transactions
- Organizational skills and attention to detailed are a must in this role
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform at a high-level in a deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of value drivers of business cases for renewable energy projects
- Superior analytical and financial modeling skills, combined with critical thinking and a flexible attitude
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, or engineering (Preferred)
- Understanding of power markets and project development (Preferred)
Our client wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. They’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterized by a respect for all people, so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What the company offers:
- Employer-paid contributions for best-in-class benefits: 4 weeks PTO, health, dental, life, vision, 401k.
- High employee satisfaction and motivation.
- Continuous learning and development for all employees.
- An innovative environment that encourages diverse perspectives.