Our client is looking for a Product Manager to join the Strategy & Product Management team. The Product Manager supports the overall lifecycle management of the company’s hardware and & software solutions targeted at commercial customers. The Product Manager will work closely with Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Sales, customers, and partners to ensure the quality and viability of the product for key markets. The Product Manager will drive the development of best-in-class IoT solutions & Distributed Energy Services for Grid Interactive commercial buildings. This person reports to the SVP, Strategy & Product Management.
Our client is a smart building technology leader with a mission focused on enabling the world’s transition to an efficient and sustainability future through smart, efficient, and grid-connected buildings.
Our client’s hardware-enabled subscription solution offerings bridge the gap between commercial businesses, utilities, and technology partners to support grid modernization and contribute to a more sustainable future. Powered by the best data, their technology subscription is designed to identify best-fit energy strategies, reduce waste, and make buildings smarter through controls, automation, and machine learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define Product roadmap aligned with the company’s vision & Corporate Strategy.
- Drive Product initiatives through the entire product lifecycle including inception, requirement management, engineering support and product launch.
- Drive the company leadership in Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS) and IoT solutions for Grid-Interactive Buildings.
- Leverage voice of customer, market intelligence & competitive landscape to drive new features & product development.
- Collaborate with Engineering team by documenting business requirement and working closely with development and quality team to ensure best in class delivery.
- Drive Product launch through internal and external trainings, marketing collateral development and supporting the products in the field.
- Support Sales & Marketing by building Product marketing collateral, sales training documents & customer newsletters.
- Support Product Strategy to margin analysis and pricing administration.
- Act as bridge between Marketing, Sales, Operations and Engineering
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of Product Management experience in related Technology Industry
- Experience with Smart Grid, Distributed Energy Resource (DER), IOT devices, Building Controls, HVAC equipment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging energy industry trends, demand-side management, storage solutions will be a great asset.
- Strong analytical skills with a bias for action.
- Expertise in Atlassian Suite/Jira, PowerPoint & Excel
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high-stakes environment.
Approximately 15% travel depending upon home base.
If you are passionate about building a clean and energy efficient future, working cross functionally to deliver industry-leading products and making a real difference in the Smart Buildings industry… Then this may be the perfect job for you!