Our client is is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects.
The Project Manager will be a member of the EPC division and manage the project lifecycle, from design to construction and through to commissioning, acting as the primary point of contact during this phase for all internal and external stakeholders. The position requires a highly energetic, detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for planning and monitoring all engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning aspects of one or multiple utility scale solar projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in the late stage development period with the interconnection, development, procurement ,and other teams to begin planning for the execution of the project.
- Manage buyout of EPC Contractors Including composition of exhibits, engage and assist Sr. PM or Project director in EPC negotiations.
- Ensure that the requirements of the project Interconnection Agreement and Power Purchase Agreement are fully satisfied within the required timelines. Establish regular communication with utility counterparts to manage interconnection process activities including technical submissions, construction tie in points, and commissioning tests and inspections. Create, manage, and present reports on schedule, construction progress, and update schedules and cost controls on a regular basis.
- Administer and maintain all aspects of EPC contractor, module supplier, main power transformer supplier, and other consultant obligations and agreements.
- Function as a corporate representative for company, including direct interface with prominent general contractor companies, public and private utilities, government permitting agencies, and financial institutions.
- Conduct regular, monthly site visits to observe project status, check in with project stakeholders and perform ad-hoc safety audits.
- Establish weekly meetings with necessary stakeholders to obtain regular updates on the key contracts and stay up to date on all aspects of the
- Coordinate with company’s internal construction quality and safety teams to monitor contractor and construction performance on site.
- Coordinate with Owner’s Engineers, Independent Engineers, and internal engineering as required to ensure project is built according to all applicable requirements.
- Coordinate project close out of all contracts and manage hand over to Operations and Maintenance teams.
- Manage junior employees/direct reports, providing day-to-day supervision as required. Provide direction to project field teams.
- Effectively manage contracts including exhibits and ancillary documents; effectively manage change orders.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- B.A. in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Prior experience in managing utility scale solar project lifecycle from late stage development to commercial operation
- Experience managing medium and high voltage design and construction including substations
- Strong understanding of project quality and safety requirements
- Strong personal organizational skills to manage time, prioritize effectively, and manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in of industry standard software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat. Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
- Well-developed, professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact with people at all levels, from the construction laborer to the CEO
- Must demonstrate proficiency in situational awareness, knowing what to say/what not to say, and when
- Engineering, procurement, and construction standards practices of utility scale PV plants and substations, solar background
- Basic project management practices, scheduling, budgeting
- Understanding of project financing requirements for debt and tax equity financing
- Project commissioning and testing requirements including PV array testing and testing required per Interconnection Agreement
- General knowledge of estimating processes
- Working knowledge of PV Syst, AutoCAD and other tools relevant to the solar industry
- Familiarity with EPC contract and implications of general legal terms
Experience and Personal Qualities
- 5 years utility scale solar experience in project management, ideally with EPC provider or subcontractor
- Articulate, clear, and professional communication both verbally and written
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills showing understanding of schedule, monetary, and engineering construction impacts to various changes/opportunities/impacts
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have ability to lead groups and teams
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
This company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter. This client prides itself on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Alongside a competitive salary, the position offers a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.