Our client raises the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in their small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
Their Project Finance Group is looking for an Associate to join the team. Key responsibilities of this role include financial modeling of debt and tax equity, assisting deal teams in successfully satisfying conditions precedent to financial closings, and supporting the manager through all stages of the capital raising process.
- Extensive financial modeling in Microsoft Excel providing quantitative assessment of optimal debt and tax equity structures.
- Work within organization to ensure data room is complete and accessible for third-party capital providers.
- Prepare marketing materials for debt and tax equity request for proposals for indicative economic terms.
- Assist manager in negotiation of market leading financing structures by providing financial analysis.
- Provide data and coordinate with appraiser, independent engineer, insurance, transmission consultants, and other third parties on project financings.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to assist in managing construction financing draws.
- Assist manager in pre and/or post-closing interest rate hedging responsibilities.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in project finance, investment banking, M&A, or similar position, with preference given to renewable-specific and/or transaction-focused experience.
- Must have experience working in complex financial models.
- Diligent and detailed oriented; able to deliver consistently accurate results from complex modeling exercises.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills; able to concisely communicate results to internal and external counterparts.
- Extensive knowledge and capabilities to work in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Enthusiastic and fun to work with.
- Undergraduate degree required.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables them to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: our client will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Safety comes first at the company. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, our client requires all newly-hired people or current employees applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.