The Manager of the Structured Finance team will support the solar goals of our client by handling and overseeing significant deal flow. They must be highly motivated and work well in a fast-paced environment. They will be joining a high performing team and will report to the Vice President.
The Manager of Structured Finance will need to work with various teams across the company, including legal, engineering and development teams, to successfully finance large-scale solar-projects. The Manager will also lead financial analysis of debt/tax equity capital raises for projects, as well as contribute to M&A opportunities and develop solicitation materials for debt/tax equity financing materials.
Our client is a global leader and innovator in solar energy solutions. They are in partnership with other global leaders to transition the world’s energy structures to low carbon energy. Solar energy use is estimated to grow exponentially in the next 20 years, and our client will be at the forefront of this growth. They are passionate about sustainable technology and have positioned themselves to be a leader in the energy transition of the next two decades.
- Work on financing negotiations for solar assets, including tax equity, construction debts, term debt, and other financial projects.
- Oversee deals from start to finish, including initial investor research, modelling, marketing, outlining financial terms, management of consultants and closing.
- Provide financial modelling advice to stakeholders and inform them of new financial structures.
- Support the Business Development team by winning solar and solar storage projects.
- Prepare findings for major milestones in project development for presentations to the investment committee
- Contribute to valuations and financial analysis for projects with offtake contracts.
- Continuously review the company’s financial model in collaboration with junior staff.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a transactional role.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a financial transaction from beginning to close.
- Ability to move to San Francisco, Austin, Denver, or Philadelphia.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking ability.
- Interest in being part of a fast-paced, self-starting environment.
- Master’s or CFA.
- Working experience with renewable energy development and financial analysis.