In this role, the Manager/Senior Manager will lead the Power Marketing team and Wholesale Origination strategy. They will identify and support the execution of power offtake opportunities, including the identification, assessment, and execution of potential utility-scale strategic partnerships. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of key drivers for regional RTOs/ISOs and other regulatory entities in existing and potential future markets.
Our client’s mission is to provide renewable energy solutions that customers can rely on and help transition the world’s energy for the benefit of all communities. Our client is rapidly growing and is now one of the largest solar and storage developers. Their goal is to deliver energy that is local, reliable, and matched to load.
- Support the energy procurement strategy and assess key drivers in power markets to orient M&A strategy.
- Actively manage and build relationships with existing and new customers and lead project offtake activities.
- Identify, manage and develop bid packages towards offtake opportunities including Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information for Utility-Scale Solar and Energy Storage projects throughout the US.
- Establish new opportunities including but not limited to competitive and bilateral offtake opportunities.
- Monitor ISO/RTO stakeholder processes in focus regions and acquire and maintain information on market, industry, economic, consumer, and competitive conditions and trends.
- Engage in industry groups to identify new offtake opportunities and market solutions.
- Support external party coordination.
- Support origination, negotiation and execution of the long-term revenue agreement including PPAs, tolling agreements, virtual PPAs and other agreements.
- Collaborate with Operations, Structured Finance and Strategy and Investment.
- Provide offtake assessment on new M&A opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in finance, business, engineering, or similar field.
- 5-8+ years of renewable energy or storage project origination or development experience, working on behalf of the owner/developer. Wholesale power marketing experience preferred.
- Proven experience in successfully structuring and executing power purchases and long-term revenue agreements.
- Strong skills with analytical and financial modeling; project input gathering and offtake scenario modeling
- Strong knowledge and understanding of energy markets.
- Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment with excellent commercial management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to stay up to date on changing regulations, technologies, and trends influencing the acceleration of renewable energy adoption.
- Ability to adapt quickly and take on new tasks in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organization skills.