The Manager, Climate Strategy will join the Sustainability, Policy & Advisory team. The ideal candidate will work closely with clients to help them achieve sustainability and decarbonization goals in response to the proposed Security Exchanges Commission rule on climate-disclosure. They should be experienced and familiar with the Paris Agreement.
Our client is a global company that consults, facilitates and develops companies’ products and services. They advise on climate policy and Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance strategies and provide their clients comprehensive sustainability impact reports. Their efforts ensure their clients can meet voluntary sustainability goals and be prepared for imposed emissions regulations.
- Assist in clients’ decarbonization goals with greenhouse gas accounting, setting GHG reduction targets, abatement roadmaps and lifecycle assessments.
- Advise a diverse variety of companies, from industrial manufacturing to consumer-based companies, including Fortune 500 companies and start-ups.
- Manage client engagement from project development stage to execution.
- Be responsible for the financials of projects: budget, time tracking, invoicing and profitability.
- Handle client communications and management by leading meetings and presenting reports and workshops.
- Build relationships across teams and with clients.
- Perform quantitative analyses for client projects: data collection & modelling, spreadsheets & calculations, quality assurance & control.
- Ensure timely and high-quality deliverables to clients.
- Coach colleagues on project management and efficiency when necessary.
- Contribute to the development of Associate and Analyst direct reports.
- Develop project proposals for Sustainability, Policy & Advisory team.
- Communicate and share information across business units.
- Contribute meaningfully to an inclusive and collaborative culture that fosters empathy, curiosity and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Sustainability or related field.
- 5+ years experience working in corporate sustainability or climate strategy.
- Familiarity and experience with greenhouse gas accounting and analysis.
- Ability to think analytically and create qualitative and quantitative solutions, using spreadsheets and engineering assumptions.
- Expertise managing multiple projects concurrently, communicating effectively and delegating responsibilities.
- Effectively build trust and familiarity between teams and clients.
- Ability to keep up with market trends and pioneer new projects.
- Demonstrated experience with team building, problem solving and proactive collaboration.
- Comfort working remotely.
- Ability to travel occasionally (5-10%).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Business, Sustainability or related field.
- Strong industry network with corporate, investor and relevant stakeholder groups.
- Ability to represent our client at industry conferences and contribute to thought leadership efforts.
- Published, demonstrated track record with corporate sustainability and climate reports.
- Interest in contributing to a fast-growing global sustainability company.
- Passion to contribute to an inclusive company culture and business that is addressing climate change.