Our client is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. This position reports to the Vice President, Business Development.
In this job, you will support business development activities for a global utility-scale solar and storage developer by creating origination supporting collateral, maintaining the pricing financial models, performing due diligence on customers, conducting market intelligence, and supporting customer contract negotiations.
- Develop customer Request for Proposal (“RFP”) responses
- Develop bid materials to support ongoing bilateral customer discussions
- Support and participate in customer meetings and contract negotiations
- Lead price financial modeling analysis to support bids for offtake origination
- Manage analysts and prioritize team deliverables as the team grows
- Conduct market research, develop customer collateral, and prepare bid proposals
- Coordinate closely with the Business Development leadership, Project Development, Project Finance, Engineering, Interconnection, and Construction teams to identify and refine project financial model inputs, and prepare and maintain the project and portfolio financial models
- Support corporate strategic planning through research and analysis
- Develop business cases for board and investment committee consideration of deals
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both orally and written, when sharing work product and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Understanding of utility-scale solar and storage development processes
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working across teams and functions to deliver results
- Ability to efficiently and effectively articulate complex and ambiguous information in a concise and accurate manner
- Ability to organize individual and team workload and priorities to maximum effect
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, proficient in excel, with ability to create and troubleshoot complex financial models
- Strong results and detail orientation
- Advanced project management skills with comfort working in fast-paced environments and frequent deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is desired.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Development or sales support experience, preferably in the solar or clean energy industry
- Understanding of renewable project fundamentals including project development, business development, tax equity, back leverage, and construction debt
- Understanding of energy markets structures and value streams including energy, Renewable Energy Certificate (RECs), capacity, ancillary services
- Understanding of project valuation fundamentals including Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV), tax equity, and debt sizing
- Experience creating customer collateral and materials to support board or investment committee approval processes, including material that effectively represent the business case for investing in a project
- Excellent attention to detail when entering and validating data with an ability to recognize, question, and drive to resolution on anomalies
- Interest in current and future market trends in energy industry, particularly for utility-scale solar and storage technologies
- Self-starter and highly motivated to be a strong team contributor
- Ability to handle complex and highly ambiguous scopes of work
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize work with minimal required supervision
- Flexible approach to addressing opportunities and challenges in a fast-paced business environment, while maintaining a professional demeanor
Their company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter. They pride themselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect. Their culture is driven by their core values. From operating safely to ensuring their solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, they offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits. Beyond your day-to-day working life at the company, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our client truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Their core values of safety, integrity, respect, sustainability and drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.