As Financial Analyst, this individual will be responsible for project finance debt/tax equity transactions from the initial capital raising stage to final funding events. They will conduct financial analyses for off-take contract origination and M&A opportunities, among other tasks. One of the primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst will be to present recommendations to senior management for financial plans, acquisition activity, trends and forecasts. They will also evaluation budget performance, expenditures and operational effectiveness.
Our client assists companies by providing solutions that ease their transition towards energy decarbonization and decentralization. They bring together innovators in energy to provide smart energy solutions that allow companies to maintain their commercial, sustainability and strategic goals. They pride themselves on providing reliable, end-to-end energy services.
- Support the Director of Investments in evaluating projects and providing pricing during the business development stage.
- Prepare funding packages for potential tax equity and debt providers.
- Maintain transaction data rooms, participate in due diligence processes across the organization, and manage third-party consultants and stakeholders for M&A, debt and tax equity financing processes.
- Verify project inputs in financial models with internal subject matter experts.
- Coordinate development and support monitoring of budgets and operating plans.
- Assess performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Assist with negotiating term sheets by converting prospective terms into modeled analyses, and ensure accuracy of tax equity and debt model inputs in analyses.
- Prepare presentations to various committees at key milestones during the project lifecycle.
- Provide analytical support to internal groups for tasks such as PPA execution, design optimization, module procurement, and EPC contract negotiation.
- Closely follow industry trends and competitors.
- Collaboration with executive team members for operational goal attainment.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual budgets for multiple business entities.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field, Finance, or Accounting.
- 1-3 years’ experience in investment banking, renewable energy development company, or in a role performing detailed financial analyses.
- Outstanding infrastructure financial modeling skills; renewable energy financial modeling experience preferred.
- Understanding of tax equity and debt structures in the renewable energy space.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort communicating with various internal counterparts.
- Strong time management skills working with multiple stakeholders on tight timelines under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and very organized.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Self-starter that takes initiative to optimize work products.
- Ability and desire to work cross-functionally within the organization.