Our client is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects.
This job is responsible for leading the team’s efforts to originate, structure and close financeable off-take arrangements (PPAs, CfDs, hedges, etc.) for large scale solar and storage projects in a designated region. This role features significant cross-functional collaboration with their teams leading development, finance and corporate strategy.
- Lead regional business development efforts for large-scale solar and storage origination, including transaction strategies, commercial negotiations, sector business intelligence, relationship development and project underwriting
- Originate, structure and negotiate and close off-take agreements
- Manage cross-functional collaboration with development and finance teams to advance site developments and underwriting in step with commercial progress
- Closely follow ERCOT & WECC industry trends, pricing and competitor activities, including regulatory/ financial incentives, PPA pricing and structured financing transactions
- Collaborate closely with Executive Team to contribute to forward-looking platform strategies and Business Development team growth
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Demonstrated track record in structuring and negotiating commercial transactions
- Proficiency in ERCOT, CAISO and WECC market structure and off-take opportunities
- Proficiency in battery storage offtake contracts (tolling agreements, heat rate options, etc)
- Strong analytical skills and pro-forma financial modelling experience
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment where the Director will contribute to building a high-performing team
- Comfort leading discussions with internal and external stakeholders, bringing projects and strategies to their London-based Investment Committee and liaising with their partner on bi-directional value creation opportunities
- Prior “closing” history and existing relationship networks in the utility-scale solar PV sector are strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-9 years of experience working in U.S. power markets executing commercial transactions, overseeing business intelligence/strategies and understanding/employing fundamentals of solar project off-take structures and finance
- 7-9 years of relevant work experience in the energy industry (preference for utility-scale solar) in an origination, development, or similar relevant functional capacity
- Strong sense of urgency and “hustle”
- Ability to work independently and engage additional resources as necessary
- Ability to task manage and prioritize work based on required deliverables and due dates
- Ability to organize workload and priorities to maximum effect for both yourself and the wider team
- Flexible approach in a fast-paced business which is constantly changing, and to keep a clear head under pressure
- Keen problem solver who can focus on appropriate detail when solving problems and propose effective solutions
- Set high standards of performance for yourself
- Ability to pick up systems and processes quickly
- Previous demonstrable experience where excellent attention to detail is critically important
Their company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter. They pride themselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect. Their culture is driven by their core values. From operating safely to ensuring their solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, they offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits. Beyond your day-to-day working life at the company, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our client truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Their core values of safety, integrity, respect, sustainability and drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.