The Director of Government Affairs will lead development and implementation for our client’s solar market campaigns and outreach. They will develop community programs, with a focus on Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin. They should be driven and passionate about equity in solar access.
The Director of Government Affairs will be responsible for ensuring that programs bringing local solar facilities to the region adhere to best market practices. The ideal applicant should be able to lead various teams and perform well in a fast-paced, individually driven culture. This position reports to Vice President.
Our client is a leader in the solar energy industry. They are passionate about expanding consumer choice and access to innovative renewable energy solutions for households and businesses through community solar. Their goal is to empower energy consumers by working with customers, utility providers and local and state policymakers to ensure effective community solar programs. This company prides itself on encouraging equitable practices and full participation from diverse customers.
- Provide expertise about solar energy to the rest of the team in the region.
- Represent the company at in-person and virtual meetings with state legislators, stakeholders and lobbyists.
- Manage member relations by conducting committee calls and gathering feedback.
- Keep track of regulation and legislation in Midwest states.
- Maintain existing legislative campaigns in Midwest states.
- Organize external stakeholders to build and win legislative campaigns.
- Effectively manage local lobbyists and communications efforts to support legislative campaigns.
- Research and present reports on local efforts for stakeholders.
- 7+ years experience in electricity markets, specifically solar policy.
- Expertise in renewable energy and solar energy policy.
- Strong communication skills and strategic instincts.
- Experience with state regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated success in managing legislative campaigns.
- Experience with lobbying ethics rules, including a familiarity with how to file registrations and disclosures.
- Ability to work remotely and travel frequently; this position has the potential for about 30% travel requirement.
- Experience managing lobbyists, building coalitions, working in public affairs and communications.