Our client’s organization works on developing and deploying charging infrastructure that is essential to enable the electrification of commercial fleets across the U.S. Ensuring this process is no easy task, as electrical grids are complex and evolving at rapid speeds. This push to accelerate the adoption of EVs comes with a focus on addressing weaknesses that currently exist in the adoption of electric fleets, which includes problems with reliability, access and cost.
Our client is looking for an experienced Director of Development who can help advance a portfolio of projects related to grid optimization throughout multiple states. The right candidate will be able to work independently on energy infrastructure projects while also taking part in the development of a multi-disciplinary team. In the position, you will also support the entire life cycle of projects. The right candidate will have meaningful prior experience with project development and those with experience in California in particular will be an even more ideal fit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the overall development process of commercial electric vehicle hubs
- Communicate regarding EVs with regulators, utilities and local officials
- Manage and oversee approval processes and permitting efforts throughout the project process
- Assess and interpret both environmental studies and engineering reports in order to better understand the impact of projects
- Update management on report and portfolio status regularly
- Ensure focus is made on relationships with property owners
- Supervise all project budgets and schedules
- Design and make sure that best practices are implemented properly
- Manage and carry out project interconnection through an understanding of relevant rules and their implications on final project value, schedule and cost
- Submit RFPs as needed to support the marketing of charging depots
Qualifications & Requirements
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Highly entrepreneurial
- Strong understanding of transportation, renewable energy and mobility industries
- Track record of managing multi-disciplinary project teams in the past
- Experience with land and property development, i.e. surveys, title resolution, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Composed and professional demeanor
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to use personal judgment to manage projects and set priorities
- Understanding of financing options related to renewable energy projects
- Experience in the electric vehicle, EV charging or renewable energy industries in the U.S.
- Direct experience with life cycle development, wind, solar, or other related project experience
- Comfortable with geographic information system processes and online systems
- Ideal candidate will be passionate about the need to combat the impacts of climate change and global warming
- Understanding of technical solutions related to services, software and hardware
- Can travel to speak face to face with individuals related to projects and relevant customers
- Undergraduate degree in related field with strong academic record needed (advanced degree(s) are preferred but not required)
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license