Our client is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Development.
The Director of Real Estate will be responsible for the leasing, title, curative and closing of solar project while managing the real estate and landowner coordination team. This position will coordinate with development leads on regional and state specific leasing activities and standards and acquisition of projects through closing.
- Manage real estate staff including, but not limited to, title staff, curative staff and landowner payment coordination staff
- Maintain and manage title and curative consultants and third parties to ensure appropriate scopes, payments and other timely deliverables
- Review title and lease materials from acquisition projects and portfolios to identify risks and standards.
- Establish relationships to assist with crossing agreements and other title holders.
- Correspond with local counsel or landowners on lease requirements.
- Manage lease structures for multiple real estate transactions in multiple regions and states.
- Document management for closing and payments.
- Establish outside counsel relationships in new markets in coordination with the Legal Department
- Manage all matters related to real estate from initial site control to issuance of the final title policy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Obtain initial title commitments, perform all require title curative to achieve the proforma policy in a form acceptable to the financier
- Manage title closing and issuance of the closing letter and final title policy with required endorsements
- Manage all changes to the ALTA survey to provide a survey acceptable to the financier and the title company
- Review and manage all lease agreements as well as any required amendments acceptable to the financing parties, including recoding the memorandums
- Manage real estate land purchases and any sale lease backs
- Obtain any needed easements in a form acceptable for financial close
- Perform any subdivisions and or lot line adjustments needed for land acquisitions
- Obtain any required crossing agreements such as, driveway, pipeline, transmission and distribution line, canal, DOT, communications, sewer and water, etc.
- This position is expected to travel up to 10% of the time.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Knowledge of solar, wind or battery storage preferred
- 7+ years of experience in real estate
- Experience with solar, wind or battery storage preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of duties and responsibilities of the role
- Excellent attention to detail when entering and validating data with an ability to recognize, question, and drive to resolution on anomalies
- Interest in current and future market trends in energy industry, particularly for utility-scale solar and storage technologies
- Self-starter and highly motivated to be a strong team contributor
- Ability to handle complex and highly ambiguous scopes of work
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize work with minimal required supervision
- Flexible approach to addressing opportunities and challenges in a fast
Their company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter. They pride themselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect. Their culture is driven by their core values. From operating safely to ensuring their solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, they offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits. Beyond your day-to-day working life at the company, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our client truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Their core values of safety, integrity, respect, sustainability and drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.