The Development Counsel will be a junior member of the legal team with significant responsibility working with the Strategic and Project Development groups. They will be an in-house attorney for our client. The ideal candidate will have three to six years of experience and strong communication and risk-management skills.
Our client is a leader in the field of renewable energy. They have offices all over the United States and are one of the largest renewable energy Independent Power Producers.
- Advise various teams about renewable energy and battery storage projects from idea development to construction status.
- Identify strategic markets and provide counsel about public policy and regulations.
- Negotiate and draft service, development, and procurement agreements as well as permits and applications.
- Work closely with other teams, including real estate counsel on cross-functional agreements.
- Develop industry knowledge about solar, wind, and battery storage projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree, JD from an accredited law school and current bar admission in one jurisdiction.
- Three to six years of legal experience, preferably at a major law firm or in-house.
- A thorough understanding of renewable energy, experience with wind energy and battery storage is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working effectively both individually and as a part of a team.
- Flexibility in the face of challenging tasks, smart and methodical decision-making skills.