Our client is a technology company that uses satellites and machine learning to help organizations manage and monitor natural resources. They are growing quickly and building out their business development team that connects partner organizations and customers to their services.
Specifically, the are looking for a talented team member to help expand the reach and impact of their forecasting tools to enable informed renewable energy and conservation decision-making.
You will wear many hats in this role: identifying leads, pitching prospective customers in sales meetings, closing deals, serving as a liaison with the engineering team as they grow the product, supporting marketing efforts and exploring new markets through which they can maximize global impact.
The right candidate is driven by their mission, has utility hardware or SaaS sales experience, knowledge and connections in the hydropower or renewable energy industry, and should demonstrate excellent independent work ethic and a desire to work closely with a driven, remote team.
As a member of their growth and partnerships team, you will drive the sales and growth of one of the client’s key products. This is an opportunity to shape, drive, and implement product growth strategy at its early stages in partnership with the existing team.
- Identify and reach out to new leads across the hydropower sector, in North America and globally.
- Manage incoming inquiries, lead sales conversations, and deliver sales proposals.
- Close deals to meet and exceed our sales targets.
- Coordinate with their marketing lead to generate quality customer leads and support production of copy for blog posts and newsletters to maintain customer engagement.
- Research customers, markets and industry trends; and provide regular feedback and input to both the product and commercial teams to inform product development and financial forecasts.
- Support product commercial strategy such as sales forecasting and pricing strategy.
- Maintain CRM.
- Limited travel to trade shows and conferences. Most presentations will be remote video presentations and phone meetings.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., business, environmental management, data science, engineering, energy); master’s degree preferred
- Industry knowledge, connections and experience in hydropower, the utility industry, or renewable energy more broadly.
- Proven sales track record: 5+ years work experience in sales and business development, ideally with utility hardware or SaaS products. They are open to strong candidates at different stages of career progression.
- Experience with and comfort working with technology applications.
- Located in a United States time zone.
- You want to work at a small, impact-focused company. They measure their success with a triple bottom line and put their principles before profits.
- You’re pragmatic and want to get things done without sacrificing quality.
- You’re humble, empathetic, and understand that giving and receiving honest direct feedback helps everyone to grow.
- You’re a great communicator, and can stay organized and manage your own time.
You are encouraged to apply if you don’t meet every qualification. If you’re passionate about water, climate and renewable energy they would love to chat!
The client is proud to offer great benefits like 4 weeks of paid vacation and trans-inclusive health insurance plans (along with dental, vision and life insurance). They want their team to live full lives outside of work.
In addition to competitive salaries, they offer equity to new employees and other incentive compensation for overall team performance.
Location: Remote. The client conducts business using technologies like Slack and video conferencing. They do a biannual in-person trip to work, bond, and celebrate our successes.
And Travel: They are looking for someone with flexibility to travel for meetings and conferences ~10% of the time on an as-needed basis.