Our client is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects.
This position is a key project team member, providing valuable daily work in planning, procuring coordination, monitoring, and supervising all contracts for the of the engineering, permitting, procurement, construction, and commissioning process for utility scale solar project. May manage external engineers, and contractors, and suppliers directly under a more senior Project Manager and work on multiple small projects or a single large project. Works closely with Project Managers, Directors, internal design, administration, finance, and supply chain groups to ensure that projects are brought in on-schedule and on-budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for fulfilling Company quality goals on assigned projects.
- Responsible for insuring 100% Customer Satisfaction on assigned projects.
- Oversees the management of the system design and construction process for all assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing cost and schedule goals of assigned projects through project closeout.
- Creates, oversees and tracks all schedule aspects for assigned projects, from pre-approval through project close-out to ensure on-time delivery.
- Leverages knowledge of system delivery milestones to capture reduced construction costs wherever possible.
- Coordinate and process Purchase Orders, invoices, payment applications and draw requests
- Assist in generation of regular reporting to internal management teams and external clients.
- Update internal budgeting and cost expenditure reports
- Responsible for overseeing document management for assigned projects.
- Responsible for compliance, safety, and performance on all assigned projects.
- May direct work of one or more assigned Construction Managers on a per project basis.
- Facilitate communication between consultants, contractors, and 3rd parties for interrelated scopes and necessary coordination including RFIs, submittals, and engineering review.
- Conduct safety and quality site walks on site. Travel up to 25% of the time.
- Monitor field housekeeping activities for compliance with job safety requirements and standards.
- Responsible for effective oversight of multiple suppliers, consultants, contractors and temporary leased installation labor.
- Is corporate representative to the Customer, permitting agencies, contractors and other project personnel.
- Oversee bill of materials, material ordering, logistics, and project schedule.
- Familiarity with engineering drawing sets, project scopes of work, interconnection agreements and power purchase agreement.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2 years of utility solar experience is required.
- Additional experience with electrical systems and wiring is strongly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with utility scale solar project life cycle, engineering, equipment, construction means and methods, and stakeholders.
- Must be computer-savvy – strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MS Project is required.
- Strong technical, supervisory, and project management skills based on construction industry experience.
- Proven ability to successfully procure, monitor, and assess subcontracted construction functions such as electrical contractors and commercial roofers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization, as well as outside customers and vendors.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- This position can require a great deal of travel, often on short notice.
Alongside a competitive salary, the company offers a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.